John 15:5

"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing." John 15:5

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Fallen Down

Gray clouds tumble in.
Darkness settles deep within.
My soul begins a downward spin
Into valleys
Littered with broken dreams,
Battered hearts and silent screams.
Falling, falling, falling,
I keep on calling, calling, calling
Out Your name.
But I can't hear You
Enough to fear You
Until I'm Fallen Down.

I reach out
Beyond my pain and doubt
And Your Hand
Grasps.
It clasps
With strength I can't define.
Scars so deeply divine
Connect Your heart to mine.
Whispers to my soul
Fill every empty hole,
Say we never were apart,
But this Love would never start
In the hardness of my heart
Until I'm Fallen Down.

I fall into the Light
And feel my heart ignite
With a love so deep
I just can't keep
It to myself.
My soul is renewed
All because He pursued
Me, never leaving,
Always believing
That deep inside,
Once the old had died,
The new would arise
With opened eyes.
Knowing His face,
Bestowing His grace,
Falling like rain,
Washing away every stain,
Every pain
'Til I gain
Something I would never know
Until I'm Fallen Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment